Call for Abstracts is now open!
Abstract submissions are welcome for consideration for the International Symposium on High Voltage Engineering 2023, which will be held in Glasgow, United Kingdom on 28 August – 1 September 2023.
What are we looking for?
The conference looks for novel contributions from industry and academia to present results and case studies that will promote discussion and advances in the field of high voltage engineering.
Abstracts are welcome in any one of the following categories
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the conference as one of the following categories:
- Oral or Poster Presentation
- Poster Presentation
At the review stage, the Programme Committee may change the presentation type submitted by the author to ensure the continuity of the conference programme i.e. oral presentation may be changed to poster presentation OR poster presentation to oral presentation. The Presenting Author will be informed of any change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage. The decision of the programme committee is final.
Presenting Authors with abstracts accepted for a poster presentation will be asked to produce a poster for display at the conference. Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
- Maximum poster size is A0 (0.84 x 1.19m) (portrait orientation)
- Keep text to a minimum
- Ensure any text is in large font
- Appropriate use of graphs, charts, and/or tables
- Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period remains the responsibility of the presenter. Posters not removed by the indicated take down time will be removed and disposed of.
Accepted papers will be published and indexed digitally in a reputable open source archive. All papers must abide by the guidelines and editorial requests of this archive.
Previously Presented or Published Abstracts
Abstracts that have been previously presented or published at another conference will not be considered for presentation and authors will be asked to give consent that the abstract has not previously been presented or published when submitting the abstract. This includes an abstract/paper that has been accepted by another conference, even if the presentation does not take place before ISH 2023. Please email ISH2023@conferencepartners.com if you are unsure about submitting previously presented work.
A number of student prizes will be awarded at the conference. To apply, submit an abstract via the abstract submission portal and tick the box to indicate that you would like to be considered for one of the student prizes. Proof of student status is required to be uploaded as a supporting document during the abstract submission process.
- The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and is required to be the corresponding author for that abstract.
- A person may be associated as a co-author with an unlimited number of papers but only 2 abstract/paper submissions per registration as Presenting Author will be permitted.
- You do not need to register for the conference in order to submit the abstract.
- All abstracts must be received by the submission deadline to be included in the review.
- Accepted abstract presenters must submit their full paper by 1 March 2023 and register by 1 June 2023.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
It is ESSENTIAL that you read the guidelines below before you submit. Abstracts which do not adhere to the guidelines will not be reviewed.
Who submits the abstract?
The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and will act as the main point of contact for the abstract with organisers.
Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into the ISH 2023 abstract submission portal, paper submission portal and conference registration portal. Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author.
If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the View/Edit Abstracts page.
How to edit a submitted abstract?
You can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission at a later point. It is important to note that once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the abstract submission deadline. Ensure that your abstract is not left in draft as it will not be reviewed.
Submission Details Required
The online abstract submission is a simple step-by-step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Abstract title – word limit is 15.
- Presentation type – Oral or Poster, Poster.
- Theme – chosen from the theme list above.
- Presenting Author – Name, affiliation, and job title of presenting author (this person must be listed as the first author).
- Co-Authors – Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s).
- Abstract text – Abstract word limit is 400 (word limit includes: headings/references; excludes: title, authors and affiliations).
- Additional information
- Would you like to be considered for one of the student prizes? (proof of student status required)
- Publication of abstract agreement
- Data Consent Agreement
- Alternative contact for abstract
- Previously presented or published abstracts
Review and Notification of Acceptance
All abstracts will go through a peer-review carried out by reviewers selected by the ISH 2023 Programme Committee.
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitter on 12 December 2022.
A link to submit your full paper will be included in the abstract notification email. The deadline to submit the full paper is 1 March 2023.
Registration of the Abstract Presenter
When notified of final acceptance, the Presenting Author is required to accept the offer by registering for the conference and paying in full by 1 June 2023. You will be provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email.
If a presenter fails to register by 1 June 2023, they:
- Will be removed from the programme
- Will be removed from all ISH 2023 related publications
Withdrawal Conditions & Change of Presenter
If you need to withdraw the abstract or change the presenting author contact ISH2023@conferencepartners.com by 18 May 2023.
Terms and Conditions
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines outlined on the conference Website.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for ISH 2023.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors.
- The presenting author is available to present at the conference between 28 August – 1 September 2023.
- The presenting author must submit their full paper by 1 March 2023 and register and pay in full by the deadline indicated in the review outcome email. If they do not register and pay in full, the abstract/paper will be removed from the programme and any associated publications.
- The text of the abstract/paper, along with the names and affiliations, poster and/or additional documents as requested, may be published on the conference website, in the abstract document and on the conference app, and this will not raise any copyright issues.
- A submission as a particular presentation type or theme may be changed to a different type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the ISH 2023 Programme Team ISH2023@conferencepartners.com