ISH 2023 Full Paper Submission Guidelines
Full paper submissions are welcome for consideration for the International Symposium on High Voltage Engineering 2023, which will be held in Glasgow, United Kingdom on 28 August – 1 September 2023.
Call for Full Papers Opens
9th January 2023
13th March 2023
2nd May 2023
1st June 2023
Full papers are welcome in any one of the following categories:
It is ESSENTIAL that you read the guidelines below before you submit. Full papers which do not adhere to the guidelines will not be reviewed.
Who submits the full paper?The Presenting Author must submit the full paper and will act as the main point of contact for the full paper with organisers. The link to submit the paper would have been provided in the abstract notification email. If you do not have this link, please email ISH2023@conferencepartners.com
Instructions to follow before submitting your paper to ISH 2023:
- Paper should be written in English.
- Paper must be 4 pages minimum and 6 pages maximum, including all text, references, figures, and tables.
- The papers of the ISH 2023 International Conference will be published in THE INSTITUTION OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY (IET). All authors should prepare their papers carefully in accordance with the requirements of IET. Papers that do not meet the requirements of IET will not be accepted. The work of the paper must be original and unpublished. All authors are requested to control the quality of their papers in accordance with the requirements of IET. Plagiarism is absolutely not allowed. The paper and copyright agreement must be submitted together. The paper template and copyright agreement can be downloaded from the ISH2023 website (www.ish2023.org).
English is the working language of the conference. If English is not your native language, please take care about the correct English, e.g., check by a native English speaker or similar. Please note that your paper is subject to further review and it may be rejected if it is deemed that the English of your paper is not acceptable.
Submission Specification for Conference Papers for Publication
1. Submission requirements
Conference papers must satisfy the following requirements:
1.1 Manuscript Submission
1.1.1 Originality: Is the work scientifically rigorous, accurate and novel? Does the work contain significant additional material to that already published? Has its value been demonstrated?
1.1.2 Plagiarism: All conference papers submitted to the IET for publication must record original work which has not been published previously. Any alleged cases of plagiarism will be dealt with according to the ‘IET Policy in Relation to Plagiarism, Infringement of Copyright and Infringement of Moral Rights and Submission to Multiple Publications’.
1.1.3 Multiple submissions: The IET does not permit manuscripts included in its conference proceedings to be simultaneously under review for another conference or publication.
Once a case of multiple submissions has been established, the paper/s in question will be immediately declined for publication by the IET.
1.1.4 Relevance: Is the material appropriate to the scope of the conference to which it is submitted?
1.1.5 Clarity: Is the English clear and well written? Poorly written English may obscure the scientific merit of your paper. Are the ideas expressed clearly and concisely? Are the concepts understandable?
2. Pre and Post print Policy
2.1 The author shall be entitled to post preprints of their work (but not the published PDF) on repositories, servers and websites of any sort, provided that these servers are operated by the author’s institution or designated by the funding body contributing to the research.
The conditions attached to this are as follows:
2.1.1 Access to such servers is not for commercial use and does not depend on payment of access, subscription, or membership fees.
2.1.2 The following wording clearly appears on the front page of the preprint:
“This paper is a preprint of a paper submitted to [journal] and is subject to Institution of Engineering and Technology Copyright. If accepted, the copy of record will be available at IET Digital Library”
On acceptance, this may be changed to: “This paper is a preprint of a paper accepted by [journal] and is subject to Institution of Engineering
and Technology Copyright. When the final version is published, the copy of record will be available at IET Digital Library”
2.1.3.If the paper is rejected, then all mention of the journal should be removed. The preprint should be removed if a subsequent postprint is
2.2 The author may also post postprints of their conference papers published by the IET on repositories, servers and websites of any sort, provided that these servers are operated by the author’s institution or the funding body contributing to the research. To comply with funding requirements, authors may also deposit their conference papers in repositories (or mirror sites) designated by the funding body.
The conditions attached to this are as follows:
2.2.1 Access to such servers is not for commercial use and does not depend on payment of access, subscription, or membership fees.
2.2.2 The following wording clearly appears on the front page of the post-print:
“This paper is a post-print of a paper submitted to and accepted for publication in Conference Proceedings of 23rd International Symposium on High Voltage Engineering and is subject to Institution of Engineering and Technology Copyright. The copy of record is available at IET Digital Library” .
2.2.3 The post-print must be the author’s version and not the IET version/PDF.
2.2.4 The post-print must not be posted prior to publication of the paper by the IET and when posted any preprint version should be removed.
3.1.1 An author submitting a paper should ensure that he or she has the right to publish the paper and that it contains nothing defamatory. The IET will assume that all co-authors have agreed to the submission of any paper received.
3.1.2 Your conference paper must be accompanied by a signed copyright form.
3.1.3 Copyright: Unless the paper is either “United Kingdom Crown copyright” or “a work of the US Government and in the Public Domain”, the Bylaws of the IET require that copyright should belong to the IET.
3.1.4 Right to publish: An author submitting a paper should ensure that he or she has the right to publish the paper and that it contains nothing defamatory. The IET will assume that all co-authors have agreed to the submission of any paper received.
4. Permissions to Reproduce
4.1.1 All authors must secure permission from the copyright holder for reproducing previously published text, figures and tables. The source of the reproduced material must be given in full and the words ‘Reproduced by permission of …..’ included with the illustration.
Review and Notification of Acceptance
All full papers will go through a peer-review carried out by reviewers selected by the ISH 2023 Programme Committee.
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the presenting author on 2 May 2023.
Registration of the Full Paper Presenter
When notified of acceptance, the Presenting Author is required to accept the offer by registering for the conference and paying in full by 1 June 2023. You will be provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email.
If a presenter fails to register by 1 June 2023, they
- Will be removed from the programme
- Will be removed from all ISH 2023 related publications
Withdrawal Conditions & Change of Presenter
If you need to withdraw the full paper or change the presenting author contact ISH2023@conferencepartners.com by 18 May 2023.
Terms and Conditions:
- The full paper submitted adheres to the full paper submission guidelines outlined on the Conference Website.
- The full paper submitted is in English.
- This full paper has only been submitted once for ISH 2023.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to submit the full paper. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors.
- The presenting author is available to present at the conference between 27 August – 1 September 2023.
- The presenting author must register and pay in full by the deadline indicated in the full paper review outcome email. If they do not register and pay in full, the full paper will be removed from the programme and any associated publications.
- The text of the full paper, along with the names and affiliations, and/or additional documents as requested, will be published on the conference website, in The Institution Of Engineering And Technology (IET)and on the conference app, and this will not raise any copyright issues.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the ISH 2023 Programme Team ISH2023@conferencepartners.com